Monday, November 4, 2013

I'm falling in love with Archaic words lately, but I don't want to post them to some random website and I don't want to save them all to some word document so I decided to blog them all :D Yay~~!
So here is for my first post:

Apricity - The feel of the sun in winter. Basically a great feeling :D


Aye - we all know this one, it basically means yes. Its being well used by people who love SpongeBob i guess.




Twattle - doesn't it sound cute? lol basically it means to chatter or talk alot.

Zounds - pretty much the same as Damn or blimey (apparently this one is nearly dead except for a band and a company that uses it. I doubt the company has the same definition in mind since its a hearing company. At first i thought it sounded cool bc it starts with a z but knowing the meaning I'm starting to feel offstandish about it. Meaning: "God's/Jesus' Wounds" e.e eek~
Cozen - it actually sounds like cousin, but it means to trick or deceive.

Jabberwocky - Nonsensical language, invented or meaningless speech. The term originates from Lewis Carroll's poem. The Jabberwock is a creature Lewis dreamed up. He also made up several other nonsensical words in the poem (its what he's known for [Alice in Wonderland])

(this includes words from the poem)


As a side note: I found this awesome archaic page using owl pictures :D Its so cute~ 

I'll do a blog talking about which ones I liked later.









No comments:

Post a Comment