Tuesday, November 5, 2013


Archaic words about Food! :D

Obligurate - to spend time feasting. This one is a bit vague. It could mean "to eat often" or "to eat slow"/"waste time eating." Who knows? Personally I am a slow eater, even if I try to rush through it.

How cute >.<
(a baby sloth)



Crapulent - that stuffy feeling you get after eating alot or drinking alot. "I'm always left feeling extremely crapulent after eating out at Chinese buffets."



Petecure - cook a small amount. I'm guessing the "pete" is from the french word "petit." And maybe "cure" comes from procure (which means to attain something with great care or through great difficulty.)



epicure - cook a massive amount

I had to find a vegetarian feast all the giant chickens and ribs were creeping me out and most pics were giant sloppy looking hamburgers e.e (don't get me wrong, I love a veggie burger)


Gorge - To eat greedily. It just sounds nice~ though i doubt it looks nice, thus i didn't post a picture of someone shoving food into their face :3



Ingustable - inedible. So the next time your aunt offers to make her special macaroni and cheese for you just shake your head and say "My apologies dear aunt, but your mac&soup is dreadfully ingustable."

there were tons of pictures of moldy bread but eh....I prefer to keep it simple for this word.


Well-Corned - Hyped up on alcohol. I really like this one xD its funny! Anyhow the "corned" part refers to Corn Whiskey. "After about 4 drinks, I was very well-corned!"

I think the first mention i heard of corn whiskey was while reading "Of Mice and Men" in high-school.
interesting flashback lol


Gulchin - someone who is small in size but greedy. Gulch means to gulp, so it is probably derived from that. This sounds like me lol. (I'm 4'8" btw)

My cousin used to always call me "little mismatched leprechaun" so this image is perfect lol.
(not that I was mismatched, idk where she got it from)


Beef-Witted - made stupid by eating too much beef. As a veganish vegetarian I am biased to this one, love it lol. Will i go around calling people Beef-Witted? eh..it depends :3 (I doubt it)

Groak - I like this one alot. It seems like something we should have never stopped using, because we have all had someone do this to us. Groaking is to stare at someone's food longingly as they're eating. or just to stare at food longingly. I will definitely be putting this one to use :D

This pic was so perfect!!~
killed two birds with one stone and I wasn't even trying :3



No comments:

Post a Comment